Thursday, August 18, 2011

Motivation

This morning I woke up with very little motivation. I went to bed way too late last night and I was prepping my mind for some stressful work stuff today that I just couldn't break out of my head to focus on working out. I got a late start but I dragged myself to the gym and did 35 minutes on the elliptical. Once I was rolling I felt ok, but this was definitely a "just get through it" kind of day. Tomorrow is another running day, 90 second and 3 minute intervals on tap, so I'll do my best.

My gym has a bank of 6 TV's all set to different stations hanging in front of the cardio machines. I usually try to get the machine in front of ESPN, which I did again today. I noticed that one of the other TV's was playing this infomercial for the latest fancy new bra that will make every ladies' boobs look perfect and perky. There was a guy working out on the machine in front of that TV and it was really funny to see that he was kind of embarrassed that he was stuck in front of it. Don't know if I would have survived that one today.

Today I officially became a soccer coach! I volunteered to coach my girls' U6 soccer team in the Y league this fall. After work I went to the coaches meeting and got my bag of soccer balls and pinnies. This will be my first time doing it. I'm actually a little bit nervous because I am never totally comfortable taking care of other people's kids, but I'm sure it'll be fun. The girls played their first season of soccer last spring and really liked it. Brings back a lot of memories for me because soccer was my sport as a kid. I do really love the game. Fortunately, there is no keeping score in this league, so I can never lose!  Yay me.


No comments:

Post a Comment