Sunday, August 14, 2011

More Hot Air Balloons

There's something about waking up early on a weekend morning and getting out of the house that I just love. The world is different, calmer and mellower. Today was my 3rd running day of this week's cycle, so I got up at 6 and headed out of the house towards the park at 6:30 or so. I was heading down the road when I rounded a bend and looked to my right to see three hot air balloons lifting off from a field next to a super market. I stopped at the light right next to the field and thought how disappointed the girls would be to miss this.  Then I remembered my phone and I pulled it out to take pictures. I pulled into the parking lot next to the field and fired up the video camera on my phone and took some video of the final balloon taking off.  I was a little late starting my run but this was a cool way to start the day.

The run went well.  My new shoes and socks felt pretty good and after the first two running intervals I felt like I could have gone longer. The one part that is giving me trouble is the transition between running and walking. My calves burn pretty badly for the first 30 yards or so after I slow to a walk. I'm not too worried about it because as the weeks go on there will be fewer intervals with longer runs. I went about 2 miles in just about 30 minutes, which felt pretty good. My next run will be Wednesday, where I'll start the 3rd week of the program. Tomorrow will be a full day off and Tuesday I'll cross train, probably weights and maybe some time on the stationary bike.

The rest of the day was nice and relaxing, watched the A-Team movie while the wife napped. Went to the pool and grilled some steaks for dinner. Tomorrow, back to the salt mines.

No comments:

Post a Comment