I want to use this forum as a place to jot down thoughts I have on the various aspects of my life. My perspective is by no means unique, but thanks to the wonders of the internet I can have a forum to publish whatever I wish. So, who am I?
- I am a father. I have 2 preschool aged children and much of who I am has been defined by the need to provide a stable, loving and comfortable world for them to live in.
- I am a husband. Much of who I am can be attributed to the relationship that I have with my wife of 7 years.
- I am a middle manager. This makes me think of this commercial. I've clawed my way up to middle management, but I have a great passion for developing people and for identifying factors that contribute to personal success.
- I'm a tech junkie. I love the latest gadgets and I'm fascinated with how our world is transformed by technology, both positively and negatively.
- I'm a bit old fashioned. I shave with a double edge razor. I smoke a pipe. I believe in taking time to think about what you say. I believe that its important to worry about how others perceive you, but only those who's perception is important.
Of course, I'm much more than those things, but that's what this blog will be about. In these posts I'll try to explain who I am, how I think and hopefully if anyone happens to read any of these, they'll think a bit themselves.