Monday, November 21, 2011

Vacay Baybay!

The last two weeks have been pretty hectic and I've neglected blogging quite a bit. Stress has been building with our upcoming vacation, making sure we have all the right documents, all the right clothes, all the things we need to have a relaxing time. We leave Wednesday morning to drive to visit family for Turkey day and then Satruday we board the Disney Magic for a 7 night cruise. It will be the first cruise for all of us (i'm not counting what I did a couple of weeks ago, because that was decidedly not a pleasure cruise) and the first Disney experience for the girls. We're all really looking forward to it.

Running has been going in fits and starts the last two weeks. A week ago satruday I ran 4 miles, which was my longest run ever. Then on Sunday I took the girls out to run with me for about a mile, but that didn't work out as I'd hoped. One daughter is into running and would probably run most of the way with me, but the other wants nothing to do with it.  She just doesn't want to be left home while we go to run. Next time I'll just take one of them and we'll see how it goes. 

Its been difficult to get up and out of the house for runs in the morning these weeks. I made it to the gym once each week to run on the treadmill, but I haven't been getting in the 3 or 4 days a week I feel like I need. I'll buckle down more after vacation. This past weekend I paid for it when I could barely make it through my 3 mile run. I'm still planning on running during the trip, and will attempt to run the 5K on the Disney island when we visit there next Friday. 

My sister ran an 8k this past weekend at the Philadelphia Marathon. I think the half marathon there would be a great goal race for me. I love the city of Philadelphia and could turn the trip into a family outing as well. Still in the very infant phases of thought.  I'm not sure that I'll be ready to run a half in 12 months. I know that I could probably do it physically, but I don't really want to commit myself to something like that until i'm sure that I could do it well.  I don't want to survive, but I want to run! Under 2:30 would have to be assured for me to consider it. That might be 2 years away at this point. We shall see.  For now, I need to focus on running consistently and building base miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment